Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Travel Log - Day 9

Quebec City, Quebec - Halifax, Nova Scotia ~ 1107.6km

Long drive. It took about 10.5 hours to get to Halifax. There was a lot of road construction as we were leaving Quebec. It was a beautiful, sunny day which lasted the entire drive. We chose the route of Fredericton to Moncton to Halifax instead of catching the ferry from Saint John, New Brunswick and then driving the southwestern coastline of Nova Scotia to Halifax. We didn't want to take the night ferry across to Digby, Nova Scotia, besides our timing was off anyway. Hopefully on the way home we'll drive down to Saint John and see the Bay of Fundy with its tidal changes unlike any other place. In my opinion, New Brunswick is the forgotten province of Canada; it's also very French which I didn't know. I've never heard much talk of it nor did I ever know of its beauty. Now I know. It's a province that I'd like to revisit sometime.


~ move clock ahead an hour (atlantic time)

No comments:

Post a Comment