Monday, September 14, 2009

Travel Log - Day 14

Bonavista, Newfoundland - Charlottetown, PEI ~ 800km

It did rain overnight. The wind is howling and the rain is pouring down, then it stops, then pours down again. First full rain I've seen in months. I welcome it.

Checking out of this Inn feels a little bitter sweet. I want to come back here one day and visit this province more in depth. Hearing about the fiords in Gros Morne Park has inspired me to want to come again and stay a while. Dennis and Judy went on a boat ride through that area on the west side and were amazed and thrilled by the spectacular views.

We have about a 6 hour drive west. We've decided to catch the night ferry at Port aux Basques back to Nova Scotia. Again the cabins were booked so we slept in chairs. This time the ferry was rocking and rolling. I found the motion to be pretty soothing, but the banging noises made my heart pound. It was noisy, this trip across, because the wind was so strong.

We arrived in Sydney about 7:30 am and drove to the next ferry ride that would take us to Prince Edward Island - the last province to visit.

The ferry trip took about 70 minutes and it was sunny again so the ride was smooth. We decided to stay in Charlottetown and do a total of three all-day excursions. One day see the central island, next the west side, lastly the east side. This gentle island as it's called, is just that.

We checked in to our hotel and relaxed for the late afternoon and evening. My stomach wasn't very pleased with all this 'get up and go'. The motion has been a bit too much. We stayed in, ordered some supper to the room, did some laundry then watched a movie. I felt like I was kind of wasting time, but really needed a rest at this point.

A quote that I read on the Newfoundland ferry:

As I walk on Mother Earth with love and respect, I will receive the healing I need in life's journey ~ Roy Henry Vickers ~



~ move clock back half an hour (atlantic time)

No comments:

Post a Comment