Friday, December 19, 2008

Taking daily stock of the weather

My kids regularly read the thermometer during the summer and winter. They are fascinated by the fluctuations in temperature. They watch and listen to weather reports and let me know what's to be expected. They ask if I think the weather reporters or meteorologists are right or do I think the weather will change or be different from what's expected; I give the questions right back to them which causes them to observe. They take rulers and measure the snow and then let me know its depth. They often inform me on the differences in the weather report compared to what is. We have a little thermometer by our front door, touching the concrete and leaning against the door, but I think it gives a faulty read because of the fact that it's touching the concrete. I'd like to look for a thermometer that we could attach to the side of the house. I must research thermometers and weather readers as I think it would be a worthwhile investment for my weather watchers.


Mailbox treat = fruit cups; Note: we'll make a gingerbread house (it's a kit!)

No comments:

Post a Comment