Saturday, January 24, 2009

Voices in my head

My inner dialogue natters on all day long. I question, assess, ponder, evaluate, analyze, all day. The voices can drive me crazy and make me feel anxious. As evening approaches, the voices begin to abate and as darkness falls I observe my people just being and doing. I feel just like Benjamin Button in The Curious Case when he says something that sounds like "I like the nighttime best when everyone is sleeping and I can hear them breathing. I feel safe." Yes, at night I feel safe when all my people are here. Comfort wraps around me like my cozy, fleecy blanket. I feel warm and relaxed. The voices in my head have hushed. I'm at peace. I feel calm. Then I go to sleep. I wake up....


And the voices start all over again!


I've been spending too much time in the house this fall and winter. I'm looking forward to the kids' spring activities starting up. It's time to have outings with the kids now that the days aren't so cold. I need distraction and detachment from the voices. I need connection with nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment