Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Best Picture

And the Oscar for Best Picture goes to.......Slumdog Millionaire! That's my vote anyway. Even though I've only seen it and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button - That's my vote.

It was outstanding.

I really don't think seeing Milk, The Reader or Frost/Nixon will change my mind. I don't think any of those pictures will even come close.

I think this will be one of those years where the Oscars are scattered. No one film will score big for the night.

These are my votes for this year:

  • Leading Actor - Sean Penn 'Milk'
  • Leading Actress - Kate Winslet 'The Reader'
  • Supporting Actor - Hmmmm, will they give it to Heath? - I'm pulling for Robert Downy as he transformed himself in 'Tropic Thunder, but so did Heath in 'Dark Night' - tough one
  • Supporting Actress - Taraji P. Henson "Curious Case'
  • Best Picture - 'Slumdog Millionaire'

Can't wait to see the outcome and hear all the speeches. I love good movies. My definition of a good movie is one that transports me intellectually - teaches me something; moves me emotionally - I feel a strong connection to the characters' lives; engaging in sight and sound - I want to feel like I'm there or at the very least enjoy the colours, sights, sounds, costumes and make-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment