Thursday, October 30, 2008

A full day out of the house

Today was a field trip to our local museum. They had a bit of the exhibit "Free Spirit" from Victoria about 150 years in BC. They put on a little skit which I had thought was going to be a "period piece" maybe from the gold rush or something else. It was a comedic skit on BC facts which turned out to be disappointing. Oh well, the kids enjoyed the displays they had along with some displays from BC Hydro. Of course there are the fossils, native art, artifacts and history to see/read as well. Overall, I think they enjoyed the field trip.

After the museum, their dad took them to the pumpkin patch to pick out a pumpkin. I requested one with a long, curvy stem as I had seen a pumpkin on TV that was carved out using the stem for a nose and I wanted to carve ours that way. When they were done picking up a pumpkin they were to meet me at the rec center where we would eat our packed lunches and then join in on the homeschool skating.

We enjoyed being out and about all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment