Sunday, September 6, 2009

Travel Log - Day 6

Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario - Ottawa, Ontario ~ 876km

This was about a ten hour drive because it's a single lane highway and the speed slows down to 90km for the most part. In small towns it slows to 50km. It's a beautiful drive and I see whispers of autumn in the trees. I also see lots of roadkill (it's sad to see so many)along the way: porcupines, racoons, foxes, skunks and I think I saw the back end of a small moose. I can say I am now familiar with how a skunk smells which is a smell I never knew before. The weather has been unbelievable with sun all the way on this trip so far, save for one little black rain cloud.

The hotel is wonderful and in walking distance to the downtown area of Ottawa. We have a beautiful Capital City. I absolutely love the ByWard Market the market area is filled with booths of vegetables, fruits, amazing flowers, jewlery and clothes. The canal is lovely and I think it's fantasic that people skate on it during the winter.

We enjoyed several hours walking around and then we had lunch before hitting the road to Quebec City.

No comments:

Post a Comment